Sunday, July 21, 2013

El Nido, Palawan





El Nido is a first class municipality and managed resource protected area in the province of Palawan in the Philippines. It is about 420 kilometres southwest of Manila, and about 238 kilometres northeast of Puerto Princesa, Palawan’s capital. 
  • Elevation609 m
    Area465.1 km²



  • El Nido, Palawan

    El Nido is one of the most beautiful places I’ve  ever been to!  This is one destination where the actual scenery (or views) are more beautiful than the pictures.  I swear!  It is breathtaking!
    Back in the early 90′s, the buzz about Palawan was that it was an exclusive, and expensive destination.  At that time, I only know of El Nido in Palawan.
    It was my dream to get there, and knowing that I can’t afford to go there, I applied for a job with El Nido Resorts.  This was in the early 90′s.  I prayed for it, and I got the job!  Thank you, Lord!  It was one of the best jobs I’ve ever had.   I worked as a Sales Account Manager.  I was based in Manila, but I would be in the resort once a month, or every other month.  My job required that I know all about the destination, our resorts, and the services that we offered.  I had to know about all the activities and the sites.  Since the dive sites are one of El Nido’s selling points, the company sponsored our scuba diving lessons.  So yes, I am a licensed diver.
    Back then, when I would meet some of my friends for lunch, I would tease them  and tell them that I was getting burnt out from my job because all I ever did was go island hopping, and kayaking, and scuba diving  and have picnic lunches!  It’s so tiring!  Hahaha! :D   They hated it when I do that.
    Unfortunately, we didn’t have digital cameras back then.  But here are photos of El Nido from the website of El Nido Resorts:
    El Nido has so many pristine, white sand beaches.  You can choose an island, and have a picnic lunch there:
    The limestone cliffs are awesome!:
    They have the best dive sites!:
    The lagoons are STUNNING!:
    The best part about the  job was, we got to stay in a world-class luxury resort!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment